Dr Pascal Berrang is a Lecturer for the School of Computer Science, at the University of Birmingham. His research interests are in the field of IT Security & Privacy with a focus on Health Data, Blockchain Technology, and Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning.
- Dr.-Ing. (PhD) in Computer Science, Saarland University, 2014–2018, Grade: summa cum laude
Quantifying and Mitigating Privacy Risks in Biomedical Data
- Preparatory Phase, Graduate School, Saarland University, 2013–2014
- B.S. in Computer Science, Saarland University, 2010–2013, Grade: A (1.1)
- Oct 2020–present: Lecturer in Computer Science, University of Birmingham
- Jun 2017–present: Freelance Researcher & Consultant
- Jun 2014–Mar 2018: Research Assistant, CISPA
Awards / Honors
- 2019: Dr. Eduard Martin-Award for the best Ph.D. thesis in the category of mathematics and computer science, Saarland University.
- 2019: Distinguished Paper Award for our paper MBeacon: Privacy-Preserving Beacons for DNA Methylation Data, Network and Distributed Security Symposium (NDSS’19).
- 2019: Nomination: Deutscher Studienpreis, one out of 10 nominees for the excellent thesis award, Körber Stiftung.
- 2019: Nomination: GI-Dissertationspreis, one out of 28 nominees for the excellent thesis award, German Informatics Society.
- 2013: Graduate Scholarship, Saarland University.
- 2012: Deutschlandstipendium, Germany Scholarship.
- 2011: Saarland Scholarship, Studienstiftung Saar.