Dr. Pascal Berrang at the University of Birmingham (United Kingdom) is looking for multiple CSC visiting Ph.D. students working on the following topics:
- Machine learning security and privacy
- Blockchain security and privacy
Pascal Berrang is a lecturer (assistant professor) at the University of Birmingham and is part of the Centre for Cyber Security and Privacy. His research interests are in the field of IT Security & Privacy with a focus on Health Data, Blockchain Technology, and Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning. Over the past few years, Pascal has published multiple papers at top venues in computer science (particularly security), including IEEE S&P, USENIX Security, CCS, NDSS, and PETs. His work has received NDSS 2019 distinguished paper award. He has served in the technical program committee of PETs 2021 2022.
The University of Birmingham is host to a number of world-leading researchers working in an interdisciplinary environment. In the field of computer security and privacy, it is ranked number four in the UK (see CSrankings.org). Located in Birmingham, UK, the university is situated in the heart of England.
- A bachelor/master degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or Mathematics
- Excellent English
- Excellent programming skills
- Good knowledge about machine learning or blockchains
What we offer:
- Support for your CSC visiting student application
- Excellent research environment
- Strong supervision
- World-class collaborations
To apply, please send your
to Pascal Berrang (email on about page)